SHIPPING IN THE EYE OF THE STORM
As the world begins to emerge from coronavirus lockdowns, shipping industry indicators act as a barometer on the economic outlook.
The second in a series of Inatech and S&P Global Platts special webinars on the coronavirus crisis promises unique updates and forecasts from expert analysts and industry leaders, providing context for ship owners, bunker traders and business on how companies and markets are responding to developing forces.
Our deep dive will probe:
- What happens to oil prices when the glut of crude is taken out of floating storage?
- Implications for retail of unprecedented levels of void sailings, or empty container vessels
- Outlook for tanker rates after recent declines from crisis highs
- What happens as consumers start buying again?
- And remember IMO 2020? Will the premium for low-sulphur fuel return?
Covering container, dry bulk and tanker markets, we focus on:
- Global bunker fuel pricing trends
- The balance between supply and demand as oil leaves storage
- Regional variations in market recovery
Leading the webinar will be:
Senior Vice President
A GLENCORE company
S&P Global Platts
EMEA Residual Fuel Oil
S&P Global Platts
Global Container Freight Market, Dry Bulk Shipping
Inatech is a leading global provider of intelligent cloud ETRM and fuel management software to the physical oil trading and marine industries.
Inatech, part of Glencore’s oil division, combines best-of-breed cloud technologies with its in depth industry expertise to enable companies to integrate, automate and optimize business processes, driving efficiency and revenue growth. Clients benefit from an international delivery model that promotes the competitive edge needed to thrive in today’s dynamic markets.
ABOUT S&P GLOBAL PLATTS
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the market insights so you can make better informed trading and business decisions. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 190 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence
For more information, visit spglobal.com/platts